Because we care about our customers’ safety, we encourage them to follow our security tips to have an efficient secure experience when using our website.
These security tips are not all the measures that can be taken, but they are an excellent and suitable start for our customers:
- Do not provide your Social Security number or account information to anyone who contacts you online, over the phone, or in person. Protect your PINs and passwords and do not share them with anyone.
- Use strong, complex and long password that cannot be predictable by others.
- Do not save credit or debit card, banking account or routing numbers, or other financial information, on your computer, phone or tablet.
- Avoid connecting to a network Public Wi-Fi: when it comes to banking data and transactions, it is preferable to avoid connecting with a public network at all costs.
- Use Two-factor authentication to add another security layer to the login process, reducing the chances of your account being hacked.
- Be sure to monitor your accounts for any suspicious activity. If you see something unfamiliar, it could be a sign that you have been compromised.
- Do not respond to any e-mail requesting your personal information. We do not require our customer to give us their personal information.
- Use anti-virus software and make sure to keep it up to date.
- Disable the autofill option from your browser in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information.